Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome


There are two types of writing I love (and two million I hate- Stupid Diablo Cody).

The first is the kind that is so simple that you feel like YOU could have done it. But yet it is so good and just thismuch better than yours that you have to love it. Some examples are Good Will Hunting, High Fidelity, many a Klosterman essay, Love Actually, several Bill Simmons pieces (even better is The Sports Gal's Bachelor Blog), Something Borrowed, Something Blue, The Descent, The Day After Tomorrow (Not the horrible, cheesey movie, but the wildly entertaining, cheesey book of an entirely different subject), and Family Ties episodes.

The second is the kind that you know you could absolutely NEVER write because you just aren't talented enough and they blow you away because they are so ridiculously good. Examples include: Pulp Fiction, Black Hawk Down, all music by The National, Napoleon Dynamite, Ray Lamontagne lyrics, To Kill A Mockingbird, anything by Shakepeare (I'm not quite in his league), Dan Shaugnessey pieces, and The Sixth Sense.

Well, last week, I found a website that contains BOTH of the types of writing that I love. I'm not sure how it managed to do this, but it did. Be prepared to die when you see this and set aside a good forty five minutes (something tells me you have that to kill at work). It is absolutely brilliant. Brilliant, brilliant. The link to the site is on the right called the Best Blog Ever. Go through the list and check off all the stuff you too "like." I think I checked them all. And can we come up with some others? How about Dave Matthews?

Anyways, I am so in love with this blog that not even the near two million hits is enough to make me jealous. I need to meet the author immediately, but I do wonder how long it will last. My favorites are number 4, 9 (a common annoyance of mine!), 10, 36, 51, and 70. And I saw it before Simmons linked it. That bastard beat me again. If I'm not careful, he's going to write a play about six dudes who get attacked by zombies while on a camping trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment