Monday, January 25, 2010

Even Steven


You know, life really is about managing the ups and downs. You get down and frustrated, then you're up and become happy again.

Last week was terrible for me. I got a year older (and I'm beginning to feel REALLY old these days), there was that whole election thing (I relaize now the part that has chafed me the most is the gloating by the Republicans. I heard one pundit call it the greatest day in America this past half decade. Huh?). Then the coils keep dying on my car (VW owners know about the dreaded coils). It's also become clear that George Clooney will NOT win best actor. Instead he will lose to Jeff Bridges playing the music version of Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler (Clooney should just play an autistic, alcoholic, gay, mathematician, who is dying of AIDS which he contracted during the years he had his heroin addiction... That would probably get him the award...). Finally, it also appears that the extremely overrated Avatar (Or, as I like to call it... Titanic II: Blue People Playing Jack And Rose... But don't worry Molly, I didn't hate it enough to blog about it.) is going to win Best Picture over Up In The Air , Inglourious Basterds and The Hurt Locker. Then Brad and Angie split which frankly, didn't even bother me as much as I thought it might because I am now convinced that no famous person should ever, EVER be in a relationship of any sorts. Or maybe that's just me being bitter.

But needless to say, the Big G world has been crumbling (I mean, it's almost as bad as a Detroit auto worker who has lost his job, home, and family, no?).

But then today came.

I should have known today was going to be a good day. For some reason, I was less irritated than I am most Mondays. I was happy with my outfit, enjoyed my Eggo waffle breakfast, and pulled out a victory in my fantasy basketball league. So things were looking up.

Then I hit the internet, and things REALLY came together!!!

First there was this...



I mean, did you just see that? In case you didn't, let me explain what it was.

A COMMERCIAL FOR A STAR WARS LINE OF ADIDAS SNEAKERS AND SWEATSHIRTS!!! WITH ONE OF THE MEMBERS OF THE BIG G KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE IN THE COMMERCIAL!!! WITH A REMIX OF THE IMPERIAL MARCH AS THE MUSIC!!! AND YES, THAT WAS EVEN THE D-O DOUBLE G!!!

Yes. Star Wars. Sneakers. Sweatshirts. Remixes to The Imperial March. Endorsed by David Beckham.

And you know what else? While I was immediately skeptical, some of the stuff is actually pretty awesome. Here's a few of the highlights...













And my personal faves and absolute purchases...





Pretty cool, no? Click this here link to see the whole collection, plus a great video of the Death Star lighting up Hanscomb Air Force Base (they must have been using the Death Star laser on low that day because it didn't blow up the whole planet).

http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/deathstar/content/Default.aspx?cc=us&site=adidasus

But that can't be the only thing that turned my life around on a rainy Monday in January, can it?

You are correct. It is not.

Today I see a save the date email from my sister and why do I have to save that date?

The National. Boston. House of Blues. June 2nd. New York two weeks later on the 16th.

Suddenly, I forgot about hokey James Cameron scripts and lost chances for a second Clooney Oscar.

Just like Jerry, I'm Even Steven! Bunch of bad things set off by Star Wars, The National, Beckham, shopping and the thoughts of warm June nights, drinks, and mid week sick days.

Who's Jeff Bridges again?

PS- Just in case you forgot who The National are or you just stumbled across this site, here you go...

No comments:

Post a Comment